These did not make it in the line-up for Stamp Club this month. Maybe we’ll do them another time. They are commonly called Peek-a-Boo boxes. I found a great tutorial here, along with a template and they are so easy to make! I made mine with Valentines as the theme. I hope you enjoy them and try some out for yourself!
Frog Box: Stamps: Unfrogettable; Paper: River Rock cs, Ginger Blossom and Dashing DS papers; Ink: Basic Black; Accessories: River Rock Double-stitched ribbon, hobby blade, craft mat, 1 1/4″ square punch, acetate sheet
Bird Box: Stamps: A Little Birdie Told Me, All Holidays, Polka Dot Background stamp; Paper: Old Olive cs, Bali Breeze & Apple Cider DS papers; Ink: Basic Black; Accessories: Fresh Favorites I buttons, linen thread, hobby blade, craft mat, 1 1/4″ square punch, acetate sheet, River Rock Double-stitched ribbon
Here’s what we did make – Valentine Mailboxes. It holds a tiny card(s) inside. These were featured on Stampin’ Up!’s website for February 2007. The directions may still be there, but just in case the directions are here.
Love Notes box
- Trace, cut, and score flap and bottom of box according to pattern on Designer Series paper. Cut top according to pattern on another piece of Designer Series paper. Adhere flaps to ends of bottom piece. Fold top to form semi-circle, and adhere to sides of bottom piece.
- Color heart from On Board Accents with River Rock Stampin’ Pad using direct-to-paper technique.
- Make small bow with ribbon and adhere to box with a mini glue dot.
- Stamp “Notes” using letters from Typeset Alphabet Lower in River Rock & Cameo Coral ink on 2″ x 3/4″ Confetti White card stock.
- Stamp “Love” from Everyday Flexible Phrases in Basic Black on Designer Series paper. Cut out to 1/2″ x 1/2″ square. Adhere to 2″ x 3/4″ Confetti White card stock. Staple. Adhere to box.
My Valentine card
- Using paper piercer and mat pack, punch holes along the bottom of Ruby Red card stock and adhere to River Rock card (card size is just shy of 2″ square in order for it to fit perfectly inside of my box.) You may be able to tell, but I accidentally used Rose Red card stock instead of Ruby Red! Oops!
- Stamp 3 heart images from Sweet Shapes stamp set w/ Basic Black ink on Designer Series paper. Trim around hearts and adhere to card.
- Make bow from Groovy Guava ribbon & adhere to card with mini glue dot.
- Stamp “My” and “Valentine” from Everyday Flexible Phrases in Groovy Guava & River Rock ink on Confetti White card stock & trim. Adhere to card.
Stamps: Typeset Alphabet Lower, Everyday Flexible Phrases, Sweet Shapes; Paper: Ginger Blossom DS paper, Confetti White, River Rock, Ruby Red; Ink: Basic Black, River Rock, Groovy Guava; Accessories: mat pack, paper piercer, On Board Accents (Heart), Groovy Guava Ribbon, Stampin’ Dimentionals, staple
This next project we made is a little mini photo frame made from coasters. I saw almost this exact layout on Splitcoaststampers. I used 4″ square coasters and covered them with the beautiful Berry Bliss Designer Papers. You’ll need to stamp on the papers before adhering them to the coasters. Use the 3/16″ corner rounder punch to match up with the rounded coasters. I think mine is a little over-embellished, but have to show it anyway! You should have seen the girls’ ones – they were AWESOME! I wish I had taken pics of those! Everyone did something different and they turned out great. Some of them decorated the back (mine is just Close to Cocoa cardstock on the back of each coaster), too. Use the Crop-a-Dile on the smallest hole to punch out the holes for the ribbon.